Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 10th 2009

Hi everyone, I would like to stress again (and boringly, sorry!) that although the cells and tissues Unit is not due to be completed before the end of this week (and the quiz the week after that), I would urge you to complete it as soon as possible so that you can start the Nervous system Unit prior to the practical/tutorial on Friday this week.

You will see that there are two versions of the Nervous system workbook. The first shorter version was one I just uplifted with minor modifications from the Foundation Studies Bioscience course. The second longer one was what I developed when everyone last year told me how short and inadequate the short one was!

I think I have said all I have to say about what we are going to be doing on Friday in last week's Blog so if you missed it please scroll down for a look. As you will see we have a lot to cover in just 2 hours (perhaps longer if you are prepared to stay into lunch). I shall try and give you a general overview of the subject and then we will try and put this knowledge into operation by doing worksheets involving the brain and neuron models and, of course, dissecting the pigs heads.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday,

cheers Ruth

No comments: