Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 27th 2009

Hi everyone, Not much to say this week except I hope you have all got on to Blackboard OK, had a look at the Bioscience 2 timetable and generally cruised around the site.

I was pleased to see everyone on Tuesday. For those that didn't make it we talked about the course and in particular the timetable. I pointed out that the first few weeks are mainly revision although do watch out as there are a few new topics and facts. This means that it would be a really smart to get ahead of the timetable so you have a bit of extra time to do those topics that are new. In particular the nervous system is a mountain to be climbed, with 3 separate parts to the notes and then the endocrine and digestive systems come close up behind with lots of new concepts and terms.

Oh yes, the main discussion point was tutorials. We talked about Elluminate versus face to face sessions and the general concensus was that face to face was more profitable. We decided to provisionally book one for 10-12am on Sept 16th on the Digestive System and then to see how you go and book more if needed. Those that may having trouble getting to one in the middle of the week please speak up. Please email your comments on this so I get all the feedback I can.

I have now worked out all your final marks for Bioscience 1. If you haven't received an email telling you yours tell me and I will resend it.
cheers Ruth

No comments: