Monday, November 10, 2008

Bioscience 2. November 11th

Hi, This week you should be finishing off Unit 7 on the respiratory system (after doing the online quiz which closes next Monday) and moving on to Unit 8 on the excretory system. THE LAST UNIT!

In the practical last week we dissected (New World) kidneys and I talked about the function of the kidneys. I intend to do more on the kidneys at the tutorial if that is what people want. I shall also talk about the respiratory system and --since we have 2 hours - I could go back to the beginning and revise Cells and Tissues.

The format of the exam will be similar to the final exam in Bioscience 1, although there is more material to test so there will be fewer marks for each unit. There will be 2 longer questions out of a choice of 8 worth 5 marks each at the end of the paper and the rest of the 90 marks will be distributed between the 8 units studied. However, I will only allocate 6 marks to the first unit as that was covered in quite a lot of detail in Bioscience 1. This leaves 12 marks for each of the other 7 units.

Please remember if there is something you dont understand about the course material as you study for the exam or about the format of the exam dont hesitate to drop me an email and I will endeavour to clarify for you.

Have a good week,

Ruth

No comments: