Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday September 8th

Hi, I have marked the tests and most have done really well. I have sent you an email with your marks and you should get your scripts back this week. Get back to me if you have haven't got the email yet.

So now the test is over you can really concentrate on getting into the Endocrine System notes and hopefully, after the practical on Friday, you should find that the hormones names and their functions are a little familiar. Hopefully the idea of feedback control should also start to make sense. Often the explanation is a bit hard to follow but when you see it in action, as I tried to show you in the practical exercise, you can see more clearly how it works to keep the concentrations of hormones or glucose etc. closely within the limits tolerated by the body.

There are a couple of crosswords in the endocrine workbook. I have found a program that allows me to put in the words and their clues and it generates crosswords for me, not beautiful symmetrical ones as in the paper, but quite good looking ones. Tell me if they are a good idea.

Have a good week,

Cheers Ruth

No comments: